Tuesday, January 10, 2012

4 years and counting



Aaron and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on January 5. I am beyond blessed to have such a wonderful husband, who is also an amazing father. We often get compliments on our relationship from friends and family on how happy we seem. No marriage is perfect, a successful partnership takes hard work and a tremendous amount of effort from both parties. I by no means have all the answers, but we have both learned a couple things over the years that have helped us be better spouses.


Be friends
Aaron and I are best friends; I tell him everything, ask for his advice, and  value his opinion. Ideally, your spouse will be your best ally, your closest confident and your biggest champion.

Laugh
One of the great joys of marriage is the time that you, as a couple, spend laughing together and enjoying your sense of humor. Every couple has their own inside jokes that no one else gets. 

Do things you don't want to do 
I can't count how many times I have made myself do something that I didn't want to do because it was important to my husband. He does the same for me. 

Fight fair
Don't try to win the argument. Confront to heal, not to win.  Remember to listen to each others concerns, and learn what pushes his/her buttons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment